Job Title: Audit and Accounts Trainee
Hodge Bakshi and who we are:
Our mission is to deliver exceptional value through bespoke services that surpass expectations through achieving the highest professional standard by recognising people as our greatest asset.
The position is for a trainee accountant working with the audit and accounts department in the preparation and submission of annual accounts and audits.
We are looking for a person who is self-motivated, with good organisational skills and can confidently work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines. We are looking for a confident communicator, able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the business and our clients.
You will be responsible for day-to-day administration and processing of accounts, managing deadlines and working within a compliance and regulated sector.
- Assisting with financial and management accounts preparation for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Assisting with managing client expectations and deadlines
- Assist with audits as required
- Assisting with general administrative duties including meeting and greeting clients, filing and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required
- You will ideally be a graduate with a 2:1 or first class degree (or expected)
- Excellent computer skills, with an expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint (an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact confidently with individuals at all levels, including clients.
- Awareness of good accounting and regulatory practice
- Experience of working within a client centred environment where client satisfaction is paramount (desirable but not essential)
- Working knowledge of accounting software (an advantage) but full training will be provided
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy excellent time management and focus on meeting strict deadlines
- Demonstrate strong team working skills
- The ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maintain confidentiality
On offer is fully funded support for the ACA / ACCA qualification.
Should you meet the requirements, please send a CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the email subject title reads: Audit and Accounts Trainee Application